SEND IT WITH SIDEWINDER!
While the all new SIDEWINDER 4™ builds upon Castle’s most popular platform, the SIDEWINDER 1:10 SCALE SERIES, it is the first of its kind to run Castle’s newest technology, CRYO-DRIVE™. CRYO-DRIVE™ combines technology from cutting-edge hardware and software advancements to increase thermal performance. COOLER TEMPS mean LONGER RUNS and MORE POWER in your SIDEWINDER 4 setup.
- 2s – 3s LiPo; 6 – 8 cell NiMH use in vehicles up 6.5lbs with battery, ready-to-run.
- Sensorless brushless and/or brushed motor operation.
- Waterproof design ESC and splash resistant 30MM fan*
- 5.0 volts fixed, 2 amps Peak BEC
- Audible alerts for error conditions
- Enhanced drag brake functionality
- Smoother sensorless startups
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings
- Additional settings and software updates available via Windows®-based Castle Link software and USB adapter (sold separately) or via
- Field Link Card (sold separately), or the Castle Link App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
- Telemetry Link compatible for Futaba® S.BUS2 (sold separately)
- The SIDEWINDER 4 is a versatile ESC and is accepted in a wide variety of applications. Whether throwing dirt, ripping through a corner or steadily dominating the trails, we’ve got you covered!
This combo includes a Sidewinder 4 ESC and 1406-4600Kv sensored* motor. The 1406-4600kv motor is a great motor for 2WD short course trucks on 2s LiPo and geared conservatively. It makes a great combo for 1/10th 2WD Stadium trucks and buggies on 2s for general bashing and limited runs on 3s; temperatures will climb quickly on 3s. It makes a great upgrade for 1/10th scale on-road cars for 2s and 3s use. NOT for use in 4WD short course trucks.
Sidewinder 4 combo includes:
- Sidewinder 4 ESC
- Castle 1406 1Y 4600 Kv sensored* motor
- Quick Start Guide
- 1/10th scale gearing chart
- Decal sheet
* Sensored capabilities of the motor cannot be utilized with the Sidewinder 4. If you require sensored operation you will need a sensored ESC like the Mamba X. The Mamba X paired with the same motor can be found here.
**Not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit.