MAMBA X ESC WITH 1406-3800KV COMES WITH:
- Mamba X ESC with Sensor Harness and 1406-3800kv sensored motor
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB
- Mamba Decals
- Driver’s Ed Guide/ Quick Start Guide
Crawler Combo Application
Ideal for low speed crawling or trail running in vehicles weighing up to 9lbs on 2s; it can also be used in more aggressive setups like rock racing and extended hill climbing on vehicles up to 5lbs. It can also be used in 2WD buggies, stadium trucks and 4WD touring cars; equivalent in RPM output to approximately a 10.5 turn.
VERSITILITY, RELIABILITY AND PERFORMANCE.
We at Castle wanted to address three main concepts while designing a new ESC for the modern-day RC enthusiast; VERSATILITY, RELIABILITY, and PERFORMANCE. These are the pillars of the Mamba X design and the driving forces behind the feature-packed controller.
The Mamba X is extremely versatile, capable of powering a wide variety of applications ranging from 2S to 6S and vehicles ranging from 1/10th scale to 1/8th scale*. Whether you are racing at the track with your 2wd buggy, bashing through mud puddles in your SCT or monster truck, or navigating a hardcore crawling excursion, this controller raises the bar to a whole new level. Pair with a Castle 4-POLE 12-SLOT SENSORED MOTOR to provide precise throttle control and buttery smooth starts!
ESCs have a tough life – landing extreme jumps, experiencing accidental collisions, and splashing through the occasional puddle. As R/C enthusiast themselves, Castle engineers understand this and designed the Mamba X to endure these situations and power through them. It is housed in a rugged CNC-machined aluminum case and then potted in waterproof epoxy. This not only protects the electronics but ensures any heat generated in the controller can easily be dissipated through the case.
The Mamba X integrates a powerful 8A adjustable BEC into a high-performance speed control that can push the most extreme 1/10th scale setups and 1/8th race buggies. Smart-Sense™ allows you to take advantage of smooth, cog-free, and predictable sensored starts and improved throttle response keeps you ahead of the competition.
The Mamba X is proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas and is backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty and unparalleled ‘make-it-right’ customer support. Call us, email us, or walk in our front door – we’re here to help.
- Wide 2s-6s input voltage range for powering a wide variety of applications
- Sensored, Sensorless and SmartSense™ Running Modes
- Brushless and brushed motor operation
- Powerful Integrated 8A Peak Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Data logging capability to capture and record performance data from your vehicle
- Auxiliary wire functionality for “on-the-fly” adjustments using your transmitter
- Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX and T7PX transmitters
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings including cutoff voltage and drag brake
- Dial in ESC settings, update ESC firmware and view data logs with Castle Link USB programming kit (coupon for USB adapter included with purchase, Castle Link software located here)
- Optional smartphone-based programming, firmware updates and data log viewing with the B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) and Castle Link software for iOS or Android (free download)
- ESC is housed in a rugged CNC aluminum case and potted in waterproof epoxy to protect the electronics and promote efficient heat transfer
- Waterproof design for all weather conditions
- Factory equipped thermally controlled (and removable) 30mm cooling fan
- 12 AWG high strand count silicone coated copper power wires
- Integrated Capacitors and 4mm Bullet Connectors add durability in extreme conditions
- Audible Alerts and LED Alerts for easy diagnoses of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cutoff
- ROAR and RECON 6 Certified ESC
*In 1/8th scale setups, the Mamba X is intended to be used for off-road racing in buggies weighing up to 9 lbs (including batteries and ready-to-run). In these 1/8th scale racing setups, the Mamba X should be run at 4S Lipo (16.8V) max and is recommended to be paired with the Castle 1512-1800Kv (P/N: 060-0062-00) or Castle 1515-2200Kv (P/N: 060-0063-00) motor, with appropriate gearing only.